Medical Records Specialist Certificate Program
Medical Records Specialist Career Training in Sacramento in as Little as 6 Months*
Looking for a rewarding career in the healthcare field? Asher College Sacramento’s Medical Records Specialist program gets you trained and puts you on your path to a rewarding career through hands-on training and the support of dedicated instructors.
The Medical Records Specialist program at Asher Sacramento is tailored to those students who require a flexible schedule to meet their education goals. You’ll be able to take classes during the day, evening, and even on the weekends.
- Jul 5thMedical Records Specialist Asher College (Dallas) 9330 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Dallas TX US 75243 Get the skills to help keep medical facilities running at maximum capacity. As a Medical Records Specialist, you’ll be the first point of contact for patients entering into a medical facility.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/medical-records-specialist-hero.jpgAsher College
- Jul 11thMedical Records Specialist Asher College (Las Vegas) W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV USA 89146 Get the skills to help keep medical facilities running at maximum capacity. As a Medical Records Specialist, you’ll be the first point of contact for patients entering into a medical facility.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/medical-records-specialist-hero.jpgAsher College
- Jul 11thMedical Records Specialist Asher College (Sacramento) 1215 Howe Ave Suite 101 Sacramento CA US 95825 Get the skills to help keep medical facilities running at maximum capacity. As a Medical Records Specialist, you’ll be the first point of contact for patients entering into a medical facility.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/medical-records-specialist-hero.jpgAsher College
Becoming a Medical Records Specialist
As a Medical Records Technician or Specialist, you’ll perform a broad range of tasks to keep hospitals, clinics, and other types of medical facilities running smoothly. You’ll answer telephones, greet patients, update and fill patient medical records, fill out insurance forms, handle correspondence, schedule appointments, arrange for hospital admission and laboratory services, and handle bookkeeping.
The Medical Records Specialist program at Asher Sacramento offers personalized instruction, technology resources, and hands-on training to prepare you for a medical administration career. The program’s flexibility and convenience will enable you to complete the program and begin your new career by helping you balance your commitments.
You don’t need extensive technical experience to pursue a career as a Medical Records Specialist. If you’re passionate and enjoy helping people in the medical field, training to become a Medical Records Technician or Specialist could be a good option for you.
When you’re close to completing the program, you’ll review the following certification options with your instructor and schedule your exam.
- CMAA Certified Medical Administration Assistant / National Healthcareer Association
- CEHRS Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist / National Healthcareer Association
No High School Diploma? Asher College Can Help!
Want to enroll at Asher Sacramento but don’t have a high school diploma or GED? Earn your high school diploma on our campus so you can gain the credentials you need to enroll at Asher College.Learn More!
Is a Medical Records Specialist Career Right for You? Find Out! Take the Asher "Medical Office Professional Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Medical Office Professional Career Training Readiness score now >>
We bring in plenty of guest speakers to give you insight into the industry that you intend to break into. Get inside tips from industry employers, alumni, and people who work in the field in Sacramento on how to create opportunity for yourself.
Career Opportunities in Sacramento, California
As a Medical Records Specialist graduate, you may find yourself working in:
- General Practitioner Offices
- Specialist Medical Offices
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Home Health Agencies
- Ambulatory Clinics
- Insurance Companies
- Medical Billing Companies
- Medical Group Practices
- Nursing Facilities
I visited five different schools before I chose Asher because I figured Asher was the perfect fit. My favorite class at Asher would have to be Career Success . . . If you have the chance to go to Asher, do it!
Here’s what you will learn in the Medical Records Specialist program:
We have an advisory board that helps shape our curriculum. This allows us to alter the curriculum based on recommendations from employers who hire our graduates.
Classes Start Every Two Weeks
Don’t wait around to enroll — our courses begin every second week so you can start your program as soon as you’re ready. Begin your path to a new career quickly with Asher Sacramento.
Asher Sacramento is a small college, which makes Asher feel like an extended family. Each instructor and faculty member will get to know you by name and help you along the way.
Build Career Success Skills in Sacramento
Your time at Asher Sacramento won’t just be devoted to learning the technical skills of your chosen profession — we also prepare you for the job search with interview tactics, communication skills, resume preparation, and cover letter writing.
An Asher College instructor will work with you one-on-one to develop these skills so that you’ll feel confident about pursuing your career once you graduate.
Financial Aid: Funding Your Career Training
We offer Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Veteran training benefits. Our Financial Aid administrators and School Certifying Officials will work with you to find the best financial solution to fit your needs. Financial Aid is available in Sacramento for those who qualify. To learn more, visit our Financial Aid page.
Veterans Education Benefits: Asher Sacramento is rated as a Gold Level Top 10 Military Friendly® schools. For over 15 years, Viqtory Media’s ranking of Military Friendly® schools has helped veterans take their education into their own hands when choosing which schools afford them the best opportunities. Military Benefits Accepted at Asher College include Chapter 31, 33, and 35. To learn more, visit our Veterans Education benefits page.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Medical Records Specialist in Sacramento Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Medical Records and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Asher College Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have about Asher Sacramento and can help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-211-8829.
*Program length when completed in normal time.