Get the IT Network Skills to Become Cisco CCNA Certified
Becoming a Cisco CCNA Certified IT Professional
As a Cisco training center, Asher College can help you get trained and CCNA-certified right on our campus. Prove to employers that you have the IT network skills to help keep their networks safe, secure, and running smoothly. Cisco’s CCNA Certification does just that.
- Aug 2ndCisco CCNA Asher College (Las Vegas) W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV USA 89146 Looking to get certified to install, manage, and repair Cisco routers? Look no further than Cisco's CCNA certification. https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/cisco-ccna-hero.jpgAsher College
- Aug 2ndCisco CCNA Asher College (Dallas) 9330 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Dallas TX US 75243 Looking to get certified to install, manage, and repair Cisco routers? Look no further than Cisco's CCNA certification. https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/cisco-ccna-hero.jpgAsher College
- Aug 2ndCisco CCNA Asher College (Sacramento) 1215 Howe Ave Suite 101 Sacramento CA US 95825 Looking to get certified to install, manage, and repair Cisco routers? Look no further than Cisco's CCNA certification. https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/cisco-ccna-hero.jpgAsher College
Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification
Becoming a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) means that you’ve mastered the fundamentals of network setup, maintenance, and repair. The CCNA certification’s exam, Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (ICND), is broken down into 2 parts:
ICND Part 1 gives you the skills to:
- Describe network fundamentals and build simple LANs
- Establish Internet connectivity
- Manage network device security
- Expand small to medium-sized networks with WAN connectivity
- Describe IPv6 basics
Passing the industry recognized vendor exam for this course earns you the Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT). A CCENT certification opens the doors to a career in networking. CCENT certification is your first step toward CCNA certification and will help you stand out from the crowd in entry-level positions using Cisco software.
ICND Part 2 gives you the knowledge to:
- Operate a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches supporting VLANs, trunking, switch stacking, chassis aggregation, and spanning tree protocols
- Troubleshoot IP connectivity
- Configure and troubleshoot EIGRP and OSPF in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Define characteristics, functions, and components of a WAN
- Describe SNMP, Syslog, and manage Cisco device configurations, IOS images, and licenses
- Understand QoS, virtualization and cloud services, and network programmability
When combined with the ICND1 certification exam, passing this industry recognized vendor
exam will earn you the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). The Cisco Certified
Network Associate (CCNA) certification validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and
troubleshoot medium-size route and switched networks, including implementation and
verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN. CCNA curriculum includes basic
mitigation of security threats, introduction to wireless networking concepts and terminology, and
performance-based skills. This new curriculum also includes (but is not limited to) the use of
these protocols: IP, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Serial Line Interface
Protocol Frame Relay, Routing Information Protocol Version 2 (RIPv2),VLANs, Ethernet,
access control lists (ACLs). Source: https://www.cisco.com/c/en_ca/training-events/careercertifications/associate/ccna-routing-switching.html
Is a Career as an IT Professional Right for You? Find Out! Take the Asher "IT Professional Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your IT Professional Career Training Readiness score now >>
We have an advisory board that helps shape our curriculum. This allows us to alter the curriculum based on recommendations from employers who hire our graduates.
Classes Start Every 2 Weeks
Don’t wait around to enroll — our courses begin every 2 weeks so you can start your program as soon as you’re ready. Begin your path to a new career quickly with Asher College.
We’re a small college, which makes Asher feel like an extended family. Each instructor and faculty member will get to know you by name and help you along the way.
Get Real-World Experience – PC Repair Clinic
Get first-hand practice and job-preparation with our PC clinics. Asher College hosts a PC clinic every week onsite, where free repairs are offered to the community. This gives you a chance to see how you would deal with various situations while on the job. You’ll feel confident and capable when you’re able to successfully make PC repairs by yourself.
I couldn't have done it without Asher. The instructors are brilliant. They have no problems answering any questions... I can't convey how grateful I am for Asher College coming into my life.
Financial Aid: Funding Your Career Training
We offer Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to students who are eligible. Our Financial Aid administrators and College Certifying Officials will work with you to find the best financial solution to fit your needs. To learn more, visit our Financial Aid page.
Veterans Education Benefits: Asher College is rated as Gold Level Top 10 Military Friendly® schools. For over 15 years, Victory Media’s ranking of Military Friendly® schools has helped veterans take their education into their own hands when choosing which schools afford them the best opportunities. Military Benefits Accepted at Asher College include Chapter, 31, 33 and 35. To learn more, visit our Veterans Education benefits page.
*Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Cisco Certified Network Associate Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in IT Networking and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Asher College Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-211-8829.