Pharmacy Technician Certificate and Degree Program
Pharmacy Technician Career Training in as Little as 45 Weeks*
Looking for a rewarding career in the healthcare field? Asher College’s Pharmacy Technician program gets you trained and on your path to a rewarding career through hands-on training and support from dedicated instructors.
Our Pharmacy Technician program is tailored to those students who require a flexible schedule to meet their education goals. You’ll be able to take classes during the day, evening, and even on the weekends.
- Jun 1stPharmacy Technician Asher College (Dallas) 9330 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Dallas TX US 75243 As a Pharmacy Technician, you’ll be integral to the success of any pharmacy. You’ll be responsible for helping licensed pharmacists fill an dispense medications prescribed to patients by medical professionals.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pharmacy-technician-hero.jpgAsher College
- Jun 8thPharmacy Technician Asher College (Las Vegas) W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV USA 89146 As a Pharmacy Technician, you’ll be integral to the success of any pharmacy. You’ll be responsible for helping licensed pharmacists fill an dispense medications prescribed to patients by medical professionals.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pharmacy-technician-hero.jpgAsher College
- Jun 8thPharmacy Technician Asher College (Sacramento) 1215 Howe Ave Suite 101 Sacramento CA US 95825 As a Pharmacy Technician, you’ll be integral to the success of any pharmacy. You’ll be responsible for helping licensed pharmacists fill an dispense medications prescribed to patients by medical professionals.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/pharmacy-technician-hero.jpgAsher College
Becoming a Pharmacy Technician
As a Pharmacy Technician, you’ll be integral to the success of any pharmacy. You’ll be responsible for helping licensed pharmacists fill and dispense medications prescribed to patients by medical professionals.
You don’t need extensive previous technical experience to pursue a career as a Pharmacy Technician. Asher College teaches this program at all of their campuses. Training for the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is included in your program and we also help graduates apply for their state pharmacy technician licenses.
If you’re passionate and enjoy helping people in the medical field, training to become a pharmacy technician may be the right option for you.
Learn more about your future career in healthcare today and see just how far you can go with Asher College.
No High School Diploma? Asher College Can Help!
Want to enroll in Asher College but don’t have a high school diploma or GED? Earn your high school diploma on our campus so you can gain the credentials you need to enroll at Asher College.Learn More!
Is a Pharmacy Technician Career Right for You? Find Out! Take the Asher "Pharmacy Technician Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Pharmacy Technician Career Training Readiness score now >>
Pharmacy Technician Program Details
The Pharmacy Technician Program prepares you with a comprehensive set of skills necessary to become employable as a Pharmacy Technician. Once you have the skills and your license, you may find work in:
- Nursing Homes
- Retail Pharmacies (Drugstore Chains, Grocery Stores)
- Insurance Companies
- Mail-Order and Web-Based Pharmacies
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Government Agencies
Your job responsibilities will vary depending on the type of employment you secure. In most pharmacies, the Pharmacy Technician is the first point-of-contact for customers. You’ll establish and maintain patient record files, submit insurance claim forms, and manage prescription and over-the-counter medication inventories.
The Pharmacy Technician Program provides students with the career knowledge to:
- Adhere to HIPAA, Federal and State regulations concerning confidentiality in the medical field
- Fill prescriptions under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
- Utilize software applications relevant to the pharmacy
- Understand Brand and Generic Medications, as well as OTC-Over the Counter
- Recognize the classifications of Drugs and scheduled drugs
- Comprehend and perform Insurance procedures
- Sit for the Pharmacy Technician Certification exam (PTCE) proctored through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
Certification & Associate Degree Options
This program has both certification and degree options. Students earning their associate degree will also take American Government, Business Communication, Business Math, Critical Thinking, Introduction to Business & Principles of Management. Asher accepts transfer credits. If you have taken any of these courses at another college, ask an Admissions Advisor to have your transcripts reviewed prior to enrollment. * Nevada Students are also required to take Nevada Constitution.
We bring in plenty of guest speakers to give you insight into the industry that you intend to break into. Get inside tips from industry employers, alumni, and people who work in the field on how to create opportunity for yourself.
With your skillset from Asher College, you can pursue a variety of pharmaceutical careers, and may find yourself working as a/an:
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Medication Technician
- Central Fill Technician
- Insurance Representative
|Human Anatomy and Physiology|
|Introduction to Pharmacy|
|Advanced Career Development|
|Pharmacy Laboratory Skills|
|Pharmacy Externship* 130 hour required offsite|
We have an advisory board that helps shape our curriculum. This allows us to alter the curriculum based on recommendations from employers who hire our graduates.
Classes Start Every Two Weeks
Don’t wait around to enroll — our courses begin every second week so you can start your program as soon as you’re ready. Begin your path to a new career quickly with Asher College.
We’re a small college, which makes Asher feel like an extended family. Each instructor and faculty member will get to know you by name and help you along the way.
I visited five different schools before I chose Asher because I figured Asher was the perfect fit. My favorite class at Asher would have to be Career Success . . . If you have the chance to go to Asher, do it!
Build Career Success Skills
Your time at Asher won’t just be devoted to learning the technical skills of your chosen profession — we also prepare you for the job search with interview tactics, communication skills, resume preparation, and cover letter writing.
An Asher College instructor will work with you one-on-one to develop these skills so that you’ll feel confident about pursuing your career once you graduate.
Financial Aid: Funding Your Career Training
We offer Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Veteran training benefits. Our Financial Aid administrators and School Certifying Officials will work with you to find the best financial solution to fit your needs. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.To learn more, visit our Financial Aid page.
Veterans Education Benefits: Asher College is rated as Gold Level Top 10 Military Friendly® schools. For over 15 years, Victory Media’s ranking of Military Friendly® schools has helped veterans take their education into their own hands when choosing which schools afford them the best opportunities. Military Benefits Accepted at Asher College include Chapter, 31, 33 and 35. To learn more, visit our Veterans Education benefits page.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Pharmacy Technician Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about a career as a Pharmacy Technician and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Asher College Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-211-8829.
*Program length when completed in normal time.