Medical Billing and Coding Certificate and Degree Program
Medical Billing and Coding Career Training in as Little as 41 Weeks*
Looking for a rewarding career in the healthcare field? Asher College’s Medical Billing and Coding program gets you trained and on your path to a rewarding career through hands-on training and the support of dedicated instructors.
Our Medical Billing and Coding program is tailored to those students who require a flexible schedule to meet their education goals. You’ll be able to take classes during the day, evening, and even on the weekends.
- Apr 13thMedical Billing and Coding Asher College (Las Vegas) W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV USA 89146 Become a Medical Biller and Coder and learn all about medical office administration, physician and facility coding, and hospital billing. As a medical biller and coder, you’ll work hand-in-hand with doctors and patients to make sure proper care is delivered.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/medical-billing-coding-hero.jpgAsher College
- Apr 13thMedical Billing and Coding Asher College (Sacramento) 1215 Howe Ave Suite 101 Sacramento CA US 95825 Become a Medical Biller and Coder and learn all about medical office administration, physician and facility coding, and hospital billing. As a medical biller and coder, you’ll work hand-in-hand with doctors and patients to make sure proper care is delivered.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/medical-billing-coding-hero.jpgAsher College
- May 4thMedical Billing and Coding Asher College (Dallas) 9330 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Dallas TX US 75243 Become a Medical Biller and Coder and learn all about medical office administration, physician and facility coding, and hospital billing. As a medical biller and coder, you’ll work hand-in-hand with doctors and patients to make sure proper care is delivered.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/medical-billing-coding-hero.jpgAsher College
Becoming a Medical Biller and Coder
As a Medical Coder and Biller, you’ll be a significant contributor to the healthcare field. Without your attention to detail, the healthcare industry would be unable to transmit critical data that allows medical professionals to get paid for their services.
It will be your job to translate the medical provider’s notes from a patient visit into an alphanumeric code, which is then used to produce a claim for the insurance company and a bill for the patient.
We start your training by familiarizing you with industry software and the importance of HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act) in our Microsoft and Medical Laws and Ethics courses.
It’s also critical that you understand the language of medicine so that you can accurately document what transpires during the care of each patient. For this reason, the Medical Billing and Coding program includes courses on Medical Terminology, Electronic Health Records (EHR), Anatomy & Physiology, and Medical Billing.
Our blended learning environment gives you the opportunity to apply your knowledge in a variety of ways, such as through hands-on learning labs, self-directed reading, watching courseware and video instruction, and attending lectures with our instructors and industry experts.
When you’re close to completing the program, you’ll review the following five certification options with your instructor and schedule your exam.
- CMAA Certified Medical Administrative Assistant / National Healthcareer Association
- CEHRS Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist / National Healthcareer Association
- CBCS Certified Billing & Coding Specialist / National Healthcareer Association
- CPC-A Certified Professional Coder / AAPC
- CPB-Certified Professional Biller / AAPC
Learn more about your future career in healthcare today and see just how far you can go with Asher College.
No High School Diploma? Asher College Can Help!
Want to enroll in Asher College but don’t have a high school diploma or GED? Earn your high school diploma on our campus so you can gain the credentials you need to enroll at Asher College.Learn More!
Is a Medical Billing and Coding Career Right for You? Find Out! Take the Asher "Medical Professional Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Medical Professional Career Training Readiness score now >>
Associate Degree Option Available
Want to take your education to the next level? Take these six additional classes (4 weeks each) and earn your Associate of Applied Science Degree in Medical Billing and Coding:
- Critical Thinking
- Business Communication
- Business Math
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management
- American Government
- Nevada Constitution (Nevada students only)
As a Medical Billing and Coding graduate, you could find yourself working as a/an:
- Medical Records Technician
- Medical Records Clerk
- Admissions Representative
- Medical Claims Specialist
- Medical Office Receptionist
- Reimbursement Specialist
We bring in plenty of guest speakers to give you insight into the industry that you intend to break into. Get inside tips from industry employers, alumni, and people who work in the field on how to create opportunity for yourself.
|Microsoft Office Essentials|
|Medical Law and Ethics|
|Anatomy and Physiology|
|Medical Administrative Essentials|
|Advanced Billing and Reimbursements|
|Advanced Physician Coding|
|Advanced Career Development|
|Advanced Facility Coding|
|Introduction to Business|
|Principles of Management|
|Nevada Constitution (Las Vegas Campus)|
We have an advisory board that helps shape our curriculum. This allows us to alter the curriculum based on recommendations from employers who hire our graduates.
Classes Start Every Two Weeks
Don’t wait around to enroll — our courses begin every second week so you can start your program as soon as you’re ready. Begin your path to a new career quickly with Asher College.
We’re a small college, which makes Asher feel like an extended family. Each instructor and faculty member will get to know you by name and help you along the way.
I visited five different schools before I chose Asher because I figured Asher was the perfect fit. My favorite class at Asher would have to be Career Success . . . If you have the chance to go to Asher, do it!
Build Career Success Skills
Your time at Asher won’t just be devoted to learning the technical skills of your chosen profession — we also prepare you for the job search with interview tactics, communication skills, resume preparation, and cover letter writing.
An Asher College instructor will work with you one-on-one to develop these skills so that you’ll feel confident about pursuing your career once you graduate.
Financial Aid: Funding Your Career Training
We offer Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Veteran training benefits. Our Financial Aid administrators and School Certifying Officials will work with you to find the best financial solution to fit your needs. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.To learn more, visit our Financial Aid page.
Veterans Education Benefits: Asher College is rated as Gold Level Top 10 Military Friendly® schools. For over 15 years, Victory Media’s ranking of Military Friendly® schools has helped veterans take their education into their own hands when choosing which schools afford them the best opportunities. Military Benefits Accepted at Asher College include Chapter, 31, 33 and 35. To learn more, visit our Veterans Education benefits page.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Medical Biller and Coder Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Medical Billing and Coding and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Asher College Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-211-8829.
*Program length when completed in normal time.