Get the Skills to Become CompTIA Linux+ Certified
Becoming a Linux+ Certified IT Professional
As a CompTIA partner, Asher College can help you get trained and Linux+ certified right on our campus. Prove to employers that you have the IT security skills needed to help keep their networks safe and secure. CompTIA’s Linux+ does just that.
- Nov 1stCompTIA Linux+ Asher College (Dallas) 9330 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Dallas TX US 75243 Expand your IT skillset by getting certified to work on Linux systems. CompTIA’s Linux+ certification lets employers know that you have the skills to troubleshoot and repair issues on the Linux operating system.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/comptia-linux-shortcode.jpgAsher College
- Nov 11thCompTIA Linux+ Asher College (Las Vegas) W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV USA 89146 Expand your IT skillset by getting certified to work on Linux systems. CompTIA’s Linux+ certification lets employers know that you have the skills to troubleshoot and repair issues on the Linux operating system.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/comptia-linux-shortcode.jpgAsher College
- Nov 11thCompTIA Linux+ Asher College (Sacramento) 1215 Howe Ave Suite 101 Sacramento CA US 95825 Expand your IT skillset by getting certified to work on Linux systems. CompTIA’s Linux+ certification lets employers know that you have the skills to troubleshoot and repair issues on the Linux operating system.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/comptia-linux-shortcode.jpgAsher College
Linux+ is not an entry-level certification. Students interested in this exam should have their CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications or relevant experience in IT.
Two exams are necessary to be certified: LX0-101 and LX0-102.
- System Architecture
- Linux Installation and Package Management
- GNU and Unix Commands
- Devices, Linux file systems, and File System Hierarchy Standard.
- Shells, Scripting, and Data Management
- User Interfaces and Desktops
- Administrative Tasks
- Essential System Services
- Networking Fundamentals and Security
Candidate job roles include:
- Junior Linux Administrator
- Junior Network Administrator
- Systems administrator
- Linux Database Administrator
- Web Administrator
Is a Career as IT Professional Right for You? Find Out! Take the Asher "IT Professional Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your IT Professional Career Training Readiness score now >>
We have an advisory board that helps shape our curriculum. This allows us to alter the curriculum based on recommendations from employers who hire our graduates.
Classes Start Every Week
Don’t wait around to enroll — our courses begin every week so you can start your program as soon as you’re ready. Begin your path to a new career quickly with Asher College.
We’re a small college, which makes Asher feel like an extended family. Each instructor and faculty member will get to know you by name and help you along the way.
Get Real-World Experience – PC Repair Clinic
Get first-hand practice and job-preparation with our PC clinics. Asher College hosts a PC clinic every week onsite, where free repairs are offered to the community. This gives you a chance to see how you would deal with various situations while on the job. You’ll feel confident and capable when you’re able to successfully make PC repairs by yourself.
I couldn't have done it without Asher. The instructors are brilliant. They have no problems answering any questions... I can't convey how grateful I am for Asher College coming into my life.
Financial Aid: Funding Your Career Training
We offer Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Veteran training benefits. Our Financial Aid administrators and School Certifying Officials will work with you to find the best financial solution to fit your needs. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. To learn more, visit our Financial Aid page.
Veterans Education Benefits: Asher College is rated as Gold Level Top 10 Military Friendly® schools. For over 15 years, Viqtory Media’s ranking of Military Friendly® schools has helped veterans take their education into their own hands when choosing which schools afford them the best opportunities. Military Benefits Accepted at Asher College include Chapter 31, 33, and 35. To learn more, visit our Veterans Education benefits page.
Is a Rewarding Career as a CompTIA Linux Specialist Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Linux Computing and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Asher College Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-211-8829.