Office Accounting Certificate and Degree Program
Office Accounting Career Training in as Little as 10 Months*
Looking for a rewarding business career? Asher College’s Office Accounting program gets you trained and on your path to a rewarding career through hands-on training and the support from dedicated instructors.
Our Office Accounting Program is tailored to those students who require a flexible schedule to meet their education goals. You’ll be able to take classes during the day, evening, and even on the weekends.
- Jun 5thOffice Accounting Asher College (Dallas) 9330 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Suite 650 Dallas TX US 75243 Become an Office Accountant and help businesses account for their financial transactions in a fiscally responsible manner. You’ll be introduced to the key principles of accounting while also training on the latest accounting software.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/office-accounting-hero.jpgAsher College
- Jun 5thOffice Accounting Asher College (Las Vegas) W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV USA 89146 Become an Office Accountant and help businesses account for their financial transactions in a fiscally responsible manner. You’ll be introduced to the key principles of accounting while also training on the latest accounting software.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/office-accounting-hero.jpgAsher College
- Jun 5thOffice Accounting Asher College (Sacramento) 1215 Howe Ave Suite 101 Sacramento CA US 95825 Become an Office Accountant and help businesses account for their financial transactions in a fiscally responsible manner. You’ll be introduced to the key principles of accounting while also training on the latest accounting software.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/office-accounting-hero.jpgAsher College
No High School Diploma? Asher College Can Help!
Want to enroll in Asher College but don’t have a high school diploma or GED? Earn your high school diploma on our campus so you can gain the credentials you need to enroll at Asher College.Learn More!
$41,230 median annual salary***
- Graduates hired by accounting firms, government agencies, & non-profit organizations
- Optional Microsoft & Intuit Certification Included
- Advance into Payroll Administration, Financial Auditing, Office Management and much more!
*** https://www.bls.gov/ooh/office-and-administrative-support/bookkeeping-accounting-and-auditing-clerks.htm#tab-5 visited on December 1, 2020. Salary source for bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks with lowest 10% earning $25,870 to the highest 10% of workers earning $62,410.
Becoming an Office Accountant
Office Accounting Specialists monitor the financial transactions of a wide range of businesses. As an Office Accounting Specialist, you’ll ensure that all of the money being processed by the business entity is accounted for in an accurate and fiscally responsible manner.
A business cannot properly run without a professional who understands the importance of financial accountability and how to comply with financial reporting regulations. Accounting Specialists are responsible for processing and recording the accumulation and/or dispersal of company money and are detailed record keepers.
During the Office Accounting Program, you’ll learn:
- Office Management
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Accounting Fundamentals and how to use Quickbooks
You’ll also have the opportunity to become Microsoft and Intuit Certified in sought-after programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Quickbooks thereby increasing your employment opportunities.
Learn more about your future business career today and see just how far you can go with Asher College.
Is a Career in Office Accounting Right for You? Find Out! Take the Asher "Business Professional Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Business Professional Career Training Readiness score now >>
Office Accounting Program Details
The Office Accounting Specialist Program prepares you with a comprehensive set of skills necessary to become employable in a bookkeeping role.
You’ll develop advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. The program also includes a strong introduction to modern Accounting theories and principles.
Once you have your foundational principles, you will apply that theory to practical bookkeeping tasks using QuickBooks. You will also gain confidence in operating office equipment, sending email, creating presentations, using databases, writing correspondence, and organizing and distributing information.
Additionally, you will develop the keyboarding skills, technical and soft skills needed to work efficiently in today’s office environment.
Asher is an authorized testing center for Certiport so students can take their industry recognized vendor exams on Campus.
Associate Degree Option Available
Want to take your education to the next level? Take these six additional classes (4 weeks each) and earn your Associate of Applied Science Degree in Office Accounting:
- Critical Thinking or Introduction to Psychology
- Business Communication
- Business Math
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management or Leadership
- American Government
- Nevada Constitution (Nevada students only)
As a graduate of Asher College’s Office Accounting Program, you may find yourself working as a/an:
- Bookkeeping Assistant
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Associate
- Accounting Clerk
- Administrative Specialist
We bring in plenty of guest speakers to give you insight into the industry that you intend to break into. Get inside tips from industry employers, alumni, and people who work in the field on how to create opportunity for yourself.
Here’s what you will learn in the Office Accounting program:
Additional Courses Needed for Degree:
Critical Thinking or Introduction to Psychology
Introduction to Business
Principles of Management or Leadership
Nevada Constitution (Nevada students only)
- Google Map Asher College - Las Vegas W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV USA 89146
- Google Map Asher College - Dallas 9330 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Suite 650 Dallas TX US 75243
- Google Map Asher College - Sacramento 1215 Howe Ave Suite 101 Sacramento CA US 95825
We have an advisory board that helps shape our curriculum. This allows us to alter the curriculum based on recommendations from employers who hire our graduates.
Classes Start Every 2-4 Weeks
Don’t wait around to enroll — our courses begin every 2-4 weeks so you can start your program as soon as you’re ready. Begin your path to a new career quickly with Asher College.
We’re a small college, which makes Asher feel like an extended family. Each instructor and faculty member will get to know you by name and help you along the way.
Really, really, really grateful. Tremendous staff at Asher College. Everyone has been so helpful and supportive . . . we’re like a big family. It’s been one of the best experiences of my life. . .
Build Career Success Skills
Your time at Asher won’t just be devoted to learning the technical skills of your chosen profession — we also prepare you for the job search with interview tactics, communication skills, resume preparation, and cover letter writing.
An Asher College instructor will work with you one-on-one to develop these skills so that you’ll feel confident about pursuing your career once you graduate.
Financial Aid: Funding Your Career Training
We offer Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Veteran training benefits. Our Financial Aid administrators and School Certifying Officials will work with you to find the best financial solution to fit your needs. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. To learn more, visit our Financial Aid page.
Veterans Education Benefits: Asher College is rated as a Military Friendly® school. For over 15 years, Viqtory Media’s ranking of Military Friendly® schools has helped veterans take their education into their own hands when choosing which schools afford them the best opportunities. Military Benefits Accepted at Asher College include Chapter 31, 33, and 35. To learn more, visit our Veterans Education benefits page.
Is a Rewarding Career as an Office Accountant Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Office Accounting and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Asher College Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-211-8829.
*Program length when completed in normal time.