Health Information Specialist Certificate and Degree Program
Health Information Specialist Career Training in Las Vegas in as Little as 9 Months*
Looking for a rewarding career in the healthcare field? Asher College Las Vegas’ Health Information Specialist program gets you trained and on your path to a rewarding career through hands-on training and the support of dedicated instructors.
The Health Information Specialist program at Asher College Las Vegas is tailored to those students who require a flexible schedule to meet their education goals. You’ll be able to take classes during the day, evening, and even on the weekends.
- Apr 3rdHealth Information Specialist Asher College (Dallas) 9330 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Suite 650 Dallas TX US 75243 As a qualified Health Information Specialist, your job will be to collect, analyze, and provide Doctors and Nurses with the key health information they use to deliver the proper care.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/health-information-specialist-hero.jpgAsher College
- Apr 10thHealth Information Specialist Asher College (Las Vegas) W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV USA 89146 As a qualified Health Information Specialist, your job will be to collect, analyze, and provide Doctors and Nurses with the key health information they use to deliver the proper care.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/health-information-specialist-hero.jpgAsher College
- Apr 10thHealth Information Specialist Asher College (Sacramento) 1215 Howe Ave Suite 101 Sacramento CA US 95825 As a qualified Health Information Specialist, your job will be to collect, analyze, and provide Doctors and Nurses with the key health information they use to deliver the proper care.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/health-information-specialist-hero.jpgAsher College
Becoming a Health Information Specialist at Asher College Las Vegas
As a Health Information Specialist, you’ll contribute to the delivery of healthcare by collecting, maintaining, and analyzing health information. The information that you provide is required by nurses, doctors, and other health providers to treat patients properly.
The Health Information Specialist program at Asher College Las Vegas prepares you for responsibilities in this field by training you in important skills ranging from medical front office, to advanced billing and basic coding.
As a Health Information Specialist student at Asher Las Vegas, you’ll benefit from lectures and instruction in the classroom alongside hands-on practice with coding.
Learn more about your future career in healthcare today and see just how far you can go with Asher College Las Vegas.
Health Information Specialist
$42,630 median annual salary***
- 8% Job Growth Over Next 10 Years
- Graduates hired by hospitals, physicians’ offices, & insurance agencies
- 3 Certification Tracks (Including CMAA & CEHRS)
- Advance into Health Information Management, Clinical Data Analysis, Healthcare Security and much more!
*** https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-records-and-health-information-technicians.htm#tab-5 visited on December 1, 2020. Salary source for medical records and health information technicians with lowest 10% earning $27,820 to the highest 10% of workers earning $71,150.
No High School Diploma? Asher College Can Help!
Want to enroll at Asher College Las Vegas but don’t have a high school diploma or GED? Earn your high school diploma on our campus so you can gain the credentials you need to enroll at Asher College.Learn More!
Is a Career as a Health Information Specialist Right for You? Find Out! Take the "Asher Medical Office Professional Career Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Medical Office Professional career training readiness score now >>
Asher Las Vegas Health Information Specialist Program Details
The Health Information Specialist program at Asher College Las Vegas gives you the comprehensive set of skills necessary to become employable as a Health Information Specialist working for…
- The office of a doctor, dentist or chiropractor
- Insurance companies, or
- Facilities such as a clinic, hospital, or skilled nursing center
You’ll also have the career knowledge to:
- Adhere to HIPAA, Federal and State regulations concerning confidentiality in the medical field
- Utilize software applications to manage all aspects of computerized patient record keeping, including proper application of medical diagnosis, procedures, and billing information
- Record and manage insurance billing and reimbursement activities, as well as knowledge of some medical coding
In addition, the student will develop the keyboarding skills and technical skills needed to be an efficient worker in today’s computerized workplace. You’ll also work on developing the soft skills that employers look for and cound on in the workplace.
When you’re close to completing the Las Vegas program, you’ll review the following three certification options with your instructor and schedule your exam.
- CMAA Certified Medical Administration Assistant / National Healthcareer Association
- CEHRS Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist / National Healthcareer Association
- CBCS Certified Billing & Coding Specialist / National Healthcareer Association
Career Opportunities in Las Vegas, Nevada
Possible career paths in this field include working as a/an:
- Health Information Specialist
- Health Information Technician
- Medical Records Coordinator
- Medical Records Analyst
- Verification Specialist
- Information Analyst
- Medical Records Abstractor
- Data Support Analyst
We bring in plenty of guest speakers to give you insight into the industry that you intend to break into. Get inside tips from industry employers, alumni, and people who work in the field in Las Vegas on how to create opportunity for yourself.
Here’s what you will learn in Asher Las Vegas’ Health Information Specialist program:
- Google Map Asher College - Las Vegas W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV USA 89146
- Google Map Asher College - Dallas 9330 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Suite 650 Dallas TX US 75243
- Google Map Asher College - Sacramento 1215 Howe Ave Suite 101 Sacramento CA US 95825
We have an advisory board that helps shape our curriculum. This allows us to alter the curriculum based on recommendations from employers who hire our graduates.
Classes Start Every 2-4 Weeks
Don’t wait around to enroll — our courses begin every 2-4 weeks so you can start your program as soon as you’re ready. Begin your path to a new career quickly with Asher College Las Vegas.
Asher College Las Vegas is a small college, which makes Asher feel like an extended family. Each instructor and faculty member will get to know you by name and help you along the way.
I visited five different schools before I chose Asher because I figured Asher was the perfect fit. My favorite class at Asher would have to be Career Success . . . If you have the chance to go to Asher, do it!
Build Career Success Skills in Las Vegas
Your time at Asher College in Las Vegas won’t just be devoted to learning the technical skills of your chosen profession — we also prepare you for the job search with interview tactics, communication skills, resume preparation, and cover letter writing.
An Asher College instructor will work with you one-on-one to develop these skills so that you’ll feel confident about pursuing your career once you graduate.
Financial Aid: Funding Your Career Training in Las Vegas
We offer Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Veteran training benefits. Our Financial Aid administrators and School Certifying Officials will work with you to find the best financial solution to fit your needs. Financial Aid is available in Las Vegas for those who qualify. To learn more, visit our Financial Aid page.
Veterans Education Benefits:Asher College Las Vegas is rated as a Military Friendly® school. For over 15 years, Viqtory Media’s ranking of Military Friendly® schools has helped veterans take their education into their own hands when choosing which schools afford them the best opportunities. Military Benefits Accepted at Asher College include Chapter 31, 33, and 35. To learn more, visit our Veterans Education benefits page.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Health Information Specialist in Las Vegas Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Health Information and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Asher College Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have about Asher College Las Vegas and can help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-211-8829.
*Program length when completed in normal time.