Network Support Specialist Certificate Program
Network Support Specialist Career Training in as Little as 24 Weeks*
The Network Support Specialist Program at Asher College provides the hands-on training, practical experience and industry support it takes to pursue a rewarding IT career. We’ve designed our Network Support Specialist certification program to work with your schedule — that’s why we offer day, evening and weekend classes, and certifications that you earn along the way as you progress.
If you’re detail-oriented, technical-minded and are interested in getting established in a professional IT career, you could be well-suited to succeed as a Network Support Specialist.
- Jul 20thNetwork Support Specialist Asher College (Las Vegas) W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV USA 89146 Become a Network Support Specialist and learn how to effectively create, install, and manage networks for businesses small and large. You'll help companies monitor their networks and their performance that has become so central to their success.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/network-support-specialist-hero.jpgAsher College
- Jul 20thNetwork Support Specialist Asher College (Sacramento) 1215 Howe Ave Suite 101 Sacramento CA US 95825 Become a Network Support Specialist and learn how to effectively create, install, and manage networks for businesses small and large. You'll help companies monitor their networks and their performance that has become so central to their success.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/network-support-specialist-hero.jpgAsher College
- Aug 3rdNetwork Support Specialist Asher College (Dallas) 9330 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Dallas TX US 75243 Become a Network Support Specialist and learn how to effectively create, install, and manage networks for businesses small and large. You'll help companies monitor their networks and their performance that has become so central to their success.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/network-support-specialist-hero.jpgAsher College
Becoming a Network Support Specialist
When you train as a Network Support Specialist, you’ll gain the fundamental skills you need to pursue your new IT career. During the program, you will receive hands-on training in the following 3 core areas:
1. Networking Fundamentals
Learn the fundamentals of network setup, maintenance, repair and cybersecurity. You’ll be able to explain the purpose of a range of networking concepts and implement them appropriately. You’ll also know how to determine proper network policies to ensure stability and business continuity. In addition to other skills, you’ll also get trained in proper cabling and physical network storage techniques.
2. PC and Network Security
Learn the essentials of network security. You’ll get trained in the essential principles for network security and risk management. You’ll also be able to perform network threat analysis, configure network systems to secure applications, and understand the policies and regulations around network security.
3. Advanced Networking – CISCO CCENT / CCNA
Get trained to install, configure, and manage small to medium-sized Cisco-based networks. Our dedicated instructors will prepare you to take the Cisco CCENT and CCNA exams by training you in network fundamentals, LAN switching technologies, IPv4 and IPv6 routing technologies, WAN technologies, infrastructure services, infrastructure security, and infrastructure management.
No High School Diploma? Asher College Can Help!
Want to enroll in Asher College but don’t have a high school diploma or GED? Earn your high school diploma on our campus so you can gain the credentials you need to enroll at Asher College.Learn More!
Is a Network Support Specialist Career Right for You? Find Out! Take the Asher "IT Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your IT Career Training Readiness score now >>
Get Certified and Start Applying for Your New Career as You Train
Take courses you know will lead to industry-recognized certifications. Asher College offers you training in courses that give you the chance to get certified by the likes of CompTIA, Microsoft, and Cisco.
- Microsoft Networking Fundamentals or CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security +
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Pre-Requisites: Due to employer demands this program has a pre-requisite of the CompTIA A+ or relevant
industry experience signed off by our Director of Career Services.
Once you graduate from the Network Support Specialist Program, you may find yourself working as a:
- Computer or Information Technology Services Administrator
- Computer Support Technician
- Network Support Technician
- Windows Server Administrator
- Linux Server Administrator
- Tier 1/Tier 2 Support Technician
I couldn't have done it without Asher. The instructors are brilliant. They have no problems answering any questions... I can't convey how grateful I am for Asher College coming into my life.
We have an advisory board that helps shape our curriculum. This allows us to alter the curriculum based on recommendations from employers who hire our graduates.
Classes Start Every Two Weeks
Don’t wait around to enroll — our courses begin every second week so you can start your program as soon as you’re ready. Begin your path to a new career quickly with Asher College.
We’re a small college, which makes Asher feel like an extended family. Each instructor and faculty member will get to know you by name and help you along the way.
Career Success Class
Career Service courses and activities are on-going throughout the program at Asher College.
An instructor works with you one-on-one to teach you about the soft skills that employers look for when hiring. Learn about the communication skills, resume preparation, cover letter writing, and interview tactics that will help prepare you for your new career.
|Introduction to Networking – Vendor Exam: N10-006 – CompTIA Network+ Certification – or Vendor Exam: MTA-98-366 – Microsoft Networking Fundamentals|
|Career Success – Soft skills are more important than ever and this course will help you enhance the skills you have and then develop the ones you need.|
|Network and Operational Security – Vendor Exam: SY0-401 – CompTIA Security+ Certification|
|Advanced Networking Level 1 – Cisco Certification: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)– Vendor Exam: ICND1|
|Advanced Career Development – Skill development|
|Advanced Networking Level 2 – Cisco Certification: Cisco Certified Network Associate – Vendor Exam: ICND2|
|Windows OS – Vendor Exam: 70-698 Installing and Configuring a Microsoft Operating System|
Get Real-World Experience – PC Repair Clinic
Get first-hand practice and job-preparation with our PC clinics. Asher College hosts a PC clinic every week onsite, where free repairs are offered to the community. This gives you a chance to see how you would deal with various situations while on the job. You’ll feel confident and capable when you’re able to successfully make PC repairs by yourself.
Financial Aid: Funding Your Career Training
We offer Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Veteran training benefits. Our Financial Aid administrators and School Certifying Officials will work with you to find the best financial solution to fit your needs. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.To learn more, visit our Financial Aid page.
Veterans Education Benefits: Asher College is rated as Gold Level Top 10 Military Friendly® schools. For over 15 years, Victory Media’s ranking of Military Friendly® schools has helped veterans take their education into their own hands when choosing which schools afford them the best opportunities. Military Benefits Accepted at Asher College include Chapter, 31, 33 and 35. To learn more, visit our Veterans Education benefits page.
Is a Rewarding Career as Network Support Specialist Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Network Support and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Asher College Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-211-8829.
*Program length when completed in normal time.