Make Computer Operations and Security Your Career, with Asher College
Asher College’s Computer Operations and Security Specialist Program Prepares You for Several Professional IT Certifications, Including Linux+
Are you interested in a career in computer operations and security? If you want to make IT your career, Asher College’s Information Technology (IT) programs are designed to prepare you with the skills and confidence to succeed in the growing IT field. Asher’s IT training programs provide the hands-on training, practical experience, and industry support you need to enter the job market and pursue your IT career. With training from Asher College, you can get the training you need to earn several professional IT certifications – so you can enter the IT job market with confidence.
Asher’s IT programs provide students with the latest, most relevant training. The Computer Operations and Security Specialist program offers students the training they need to obtain multiple valuable CompTIA certifications, including the Linux+ certification. The Computer Operations and Security Specialist program is a great fit for students who are looking to gain a strong foundation in IT fundamentals, including in the five core areas of PC Repair and Maintenance, Networking, PC and Network Security, as well as Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems.
Specifically, students in the Computer Operations and Security Specialist program learn:
- PC repair and maintenance: troubleshooting, diagnosing, and fixing PC hardware issues.
- Microsoft Operating Systems: managing devices, operating system maintenance, configuring user accounts, and installing software.
- Network setup, maintenance, and repair: proper cabling, physical network storage techniques, and implementing proper network policies to ensure stability and business continuity.
- PC and network security: performing network threat analysis, configuring network systems to secure applications, and understanding the policies and regulations around network security.
- Linux operating system: managing linux users & groups, permissions, storage, directories, boot processes, software, system components and kernel modules.They will also learn how to secure linux systems, as well as write and execute bash sell scripts.
In the Computer Operations and Security Specialist program, students receive the training needed to test for multiple professional IT certifications including:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- Microsoft Window Client (Operating System)
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Linux+
The CompTIA certifications are stackable, and you can begin earning them even before you complete your program. Students may earn the following credentials by stacking multiple CompTIA certifications:
- CompTIA IT Operations Specialist (CIOS), from the Infrastructure Specialist Pathway (A+ and Network+ certifications)
- CompTIA Secure Infrastructure Specialist (CSIS), from the Cybersecurity Specialist pathway (A+ and Network+ and Security+)
- CompTIA Systems Support Specialist (CSSS), from the Infrastructure Specialist pathway (A+ and Linux+)
- CompTIA Linux Network Professional (CLNP), from the Infrastructure Professional pathway (Network+ and Linux+)
Upon completion of the 16-month Computer Operations and Security Specialist certificate program, students will be prepared to test for all of these certifications! And at Asher, our certification testing is done right here on campus!
Earning these professional certifications allows graduates to showcase their knowledge and skills for potential employers. Equipped with these relevant industry certifications, including the CompTIA Linux+ certification, graduates of Asher’s Computer Operations and Security Specialist program enter the IT job market with confidence, prepared for positions including Help Desk Technician, PC Support Technician, Network Repair Technician, Jr. Data Center Technician, IT Support Specialist, and Desktop Support Specialist.
Students who are interested in extending their education even further may choose to go beyond the 16-month Computer Operations and Security Specialists certificate program and complete additional courses in order to earn their Associate of Applied Science Degree. Earning an Associate Degree demonstrates to potential employers that you are ready for more responsibilities. By completing courses including Introduction to Business, Business Math, Business Communication, and American Government, students can earn their AAS Computer Operations and Security Degree in as few as 22 months!
With Asher’s Computer Operations and Security Specialist program featuring Linux certification, you will be prepared with the skills you need for a career in the growing field of computer operations and security. Gain the professional training, industry certifications, and career support services you need to enter the job market with confidence. Asher College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), and has three convenient locations in Sacramento, California, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Dallas, Texas. If you are ready to take the next step towards your IT career, Asher’s Computer Operations and Security Specialist program with Linux certification can help you make it happen. Classes start soon – Contact us today!
Make your IT Career Goals a Reality – With Training from Asher!