Computer and Network Technician Certificate and Degree Program
Computer and Network Technician Career Training in as Little as 9 Months*
The Computer and Network Technician Program at Asher College provides the hands-on training, practical experience and industry support it takes to pursue a rewarding IT career. We’ve designed our Computer and Network Technician certification program to work with your schedule — that’s why we offer day, evening and weekend classes, and certifications that you earn along the way as you progress.
If you’re detail-oriented, technical-minded and are interested in getting established in a professional IT career, you could be well-suited to succeed as a Computer and Network Technician.
- Jan 24thComputer and Network Technician Asher College (Las Vegas) W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV USA 89146 As a Computer Network Technician, you’ll have the skills to build, set up, and upgrade computers and networks. If you’re just breaking into the IT field, this is where you start.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/comp-network-technician-hero.jpgAsher College
- Jan 24thComputer and Network Technician Asher College (Sacramento) 1215 Howe Ave Suite 101 Sacramento CA US 95825 As a Computer Network Technician, you’ll have the skills to build, set up, and upgrade computers and networks. If you’re just breaking into the IT field, this is where you start.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/comp-network-technician-hero.jpgAsher College
- Jan 31stComputer and Network Technician Asher College (Dallas) 9330 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Dallas TX US 75243 As a Computer Network Technician, you’ll have the skills to build, set up, and upgrade computers and networks. If you’re just breaking into the IT field, this is where you start.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/comp-network-technician-hero.jpgAsher College
No High School Diploma? Asher College Can Help!
Want to enroll in Asher College but don’t have a high school diploma or GED? Earn your high school diploma on our campus so you can gain the credentials you need to enroll at Asher College.Learn More!
Computer and Network Technician
$63,460 median annual salary***
- 8% Job Growth Over Next 10 Years
- Graduates hired by computer software vendors, help-desk service firms, & computer repair companies
- Advance into Web Development, Software Quality Assurance, Database Administration and much more!
*** https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-support-specialists.htm#tab-5 visited on December 1, 2020. Salary source for computer network support specialists with lowest 10% earning $38,990 to the highest 10% of workers earning $106,420.
Becoming a Computer and Network Technician
When you train as a Computer and Network Technician, you’ll gain fundamental skills that you’ll need to pursue your new IT career.
Upon graduation, you’ll enter the professional world with hands-on training in the following 5 core areas:
1. PC Repair and Maintenance
Train in the fundamentals of PC Repair and Maintenance and learn the skills needed to troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix PC hardware issues. Employers require well-rounded IT personnel who are not only able to deploy a network or fix software issues, but can also make sure that basic business hardware are running smoothly.
2. Operating System Fundamentals
Get the skills needed to work confidently with the Microsoft Operating System. Once you graduate, you’ll be well versed in the fundamentals and nuances of the Microsoft OS. You’ll learn key concepts, including Managing Devices, Understanding Operating System Maintenance, Configuring User Accounts, and Installing Software.
3. Networking Fundamentals
Learn the fundamentals of network setup, maintenance, and repair. You’ll be able to explain the purpose of a range of networking concepts and implement them appropriately. You’ll also learn how to decide on proper network policies to ensure stability and business continuity. In addition to other skills, you’ll also get trained in proper cabling and physical network storage techniques.
4. Microsoft Office Essentials
Get the skills to work the Microsoft Office program suite. You’ll receive hands-on training in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook so that you can adequately respond to a variety of user issues.
5. Choose an Elective of Your Choice
Learn the essentials of network cybersecurity, to deploy and maintain Windows 10, or how to write HTML code and create simple websites.
Is a Career as a Computer and Network Technician Right for You? Take the Asher "IT Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your IT Career Training Readiness score now >>
We have an advisory board that helps shape our curriculum. This allows us to alter the curriculum based on recommendations from employers who hire our graduates.
Classes Start Every Two Weeks
Don’t wait around to enroll — our courses begin every second week so you can start your program as soon as you’re ready. Begin your path to a new career quickly with Asher College.
We’re a small college, which makes Asher feel like an extended family. Each instructor and faculty member will get to know you by name and help you along the way.
Get Certified and Start Applying for Your New Career as You Train
Take courses you know will lead to industry-recognized certifications. Asher College offers you training in courses that give you the chance to get certified by the likes of Microsoft or CompTIA.
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+ or Microsoft Networking Fundamentals
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- Elective: CompTIA Security+, Microsoft Windows 10 or Intro to Coding**
Note: A combination of the exams below can earn you two additional CompTIA certifications.
- (A+/Network+) Infrastructure Specialist – CCIOS – CompTIA IT Operations Specialist
- (A+/Network+/Security+) Cybersecurity Specialist – CSIS – CompTIA Secure Infrastructure
As a graduate of the Computer and Network Technician program, you may start your career applying to work as a:
- Computer Technician
- Computer Support
- Hardware Technician
- Hardware Support
- Desktop Technician
- Desktop Support
- Network Technician
- Network Support
Associate Degree Option Available
Want to take your education to the next level? Take these six additional classes (4 weeks each) and earn your Associate of Applied Science Degree in Computer and Network Technology:
- Critical Thinking
- Business Communication
- Business Math
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management
- American Government
- Nevada Constitution (Nevada students only)
Career Success Class
Career Service courses and activities are on-going throughout the program at Asher College.
An instructor works with you one-on-one to teach you about the soft skills that employers look for when hiring. Learn about the communication skills, resume preparation, cover letter writing, and interview tactics that will help prepare you for your new career.
Six General Education Courses:
I couldn't have done it without Asher. The instructors are brilliant. They have no problems answering any questions... I can't convey how grateful I am for Asher College coming into my life.
Get Real-World Experience in Our PC Repair Clinic
Get first-hand practice and job-preparation with our PC clinics. Asher College hosts a PC clinic every week onsite, where free repairs are offered to the community. This gives you a chance to see how you would deal with various situations while on the job. You’ll feel confident and capable when you’re able to successfully make PC repairs by yourself.
Financial Aid: Funding Your Career Training
We offer Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Veteran training benefits. Our Financial Aid administrators and School Certifying Officials will work with you to find the best financial solution to fit your needs. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. To learn more, visit our Financial Aid page.
Veterans Education Benefits: Asher College is rated as Gold Level Top 10 Military Friendly® schools. For over 15 years, Viqtory Media’s ranking of Military Friendly® schools has helped veterans take their education into their own hands when choosing which schools afford them the best opportunities. Military Benefits Accepted at Asher College include Chapter 31, 33, and 35. To learn more, visit our Veterans Education benefits page.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Computer and Network Technician Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Computer and Network Technology and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Asher College Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-211-8829.
*Program length when completed in normal time.