Get the Skills to Be a Computer Information Specialist Certificate and Degree Program
Computer Information Specialist Career Training in as Little as 11 Months*
The Computer Information Specialist Program at Asher College provides the hands-on training, practical experience and industry support it takes to pursue a rewarding IT career. We’ve designed our Computer Information Specialist certification program to work with your schedule — that’s why we offer day, evening and weekend classes, and certifications that you earn along the way as you progress.
If you’re detail-oriented, technical-minded and are interested in getting established in a professional IT career, you could be well-suited to succeed as a Computer Information Specialist.
- Oct 4thComputer Information Specialist Asher College (Dallas) 9330 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway Dallas TX US 75243 Become a Computer Information Specialist and learn the ins and outs of Information Technology. There are two elective tracks with this program: one that focuses on the Linux OS and one that deals with Cisco networking.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/computer-information-specialist-hero.jpgAsher College
- Nov 11thComputer Information Specialist Asher College (Las Vegas) W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas NV USA 89146 Become a Computer Information Specialist and learn the ins and outs of Information Technology. There are two elective tracks with this program: one that focuses on the Linux OS and one that deals with Cisco networking.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/computer-information-specialist-hero.jpgAsher College
- Nov 11thComputer Information Specialist Asher College (Sacramento) 1215 Howe Ave Suite 101 Sacramento CA US 95825 Become a Computer Information Specialist and learn the ins and outs of Information Technology. There are two elective tracks with this program: one that focuses on the Linux OS and one that deals with Cisco networking.https://asher.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/computer-information-specialist-hero.jpgAsher College
Computer Information Specialist
$83,510 median annual salary***
- 4% Job Growth Over Next 10 Years
- Graduates hired by computer financial firms, hospitals, & local government offices
- Advance into Computer Programming, Computer System Management, Information Security Analysis and much more!
*** https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/network-and-computer-systems-administrators.htm#tab-5 visited on December 1, 2020. Salary source for network and computer systems administrators with lowest 10% earning $52,370 to the highest 10% of workers earning $132,520.
Becoming a Computer Information Specialist
When you train as a Computer Information Specialist, you’ll gain the fundamental skills you need to pursue your new IT career. Upon graduation, you’ll enter the professional world with hands-on training in the following 4 core areas:
1. PC Repair and Maintenance
Train in the fundamentals of PC Repair and Maintenance and learn the skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix PC hardware issues. Employers require well-rounded IT personnel who are able to not only deploy a network and fix software issues, but who can also make sure that the basic business hardware is running smoothly.
2. Operating System Fundamentals
Get the skills to work confidently with the Microsoft Operating System. Once you graduate, you’ll be well versed in the fundamentals and nuances of the Microsoft OS. You’ll learn to perform key tasks such as managing devices, operating system maintenance, configuring user accounts, and installing software.
3. Networking Fundamentals
Learn the fundamentals of network setup, maintenance, and repair. You’ll be able to explain the purpose of a range of networking concepts and implement them appropriately. You’ll also know how to implement proper network policies to ensure stability and business continuity. In addition to other skills, you’ll also get trained in proper cabling and physical network storage techniques.
4. PC and Network Security
Learn the essentials of network and cybersecurity. You’ll get trained in the essential principles for network security and risk management. You’ll also be able to perform network threat analysis, configure network systems to secure applications, and understand the policies and regulations around network security.
- CompTIA A+
- Either CompTIA Network+ or Microsoft MTA Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft Operating System
- Elective: CompTIA Security+, Microsoft. Managing Modern Desktops or Intro to Coding**
- Infrastructure Specialist – CCIOS – CompTIA IT Operations Specialist (A+/Network+)
- Cybersecurity Specialist – CSIS – CompTIA Secure Infrastructure Specialist (A+/Network+/Security+)
*Successfully passing these certifications will help students with a new designation to showcase the skills they have validated through successfully earning their CompTIA certifications.
**Certification is not offered for Intro to Coding.
Additional Track 1 Certifications
- CompTIA Linux+
- Infrastructure Specialist CSSS – CompTIA Systems Support Specialist (*A+/Linux+)*
- Infrastructure Professional – CNLP – CompTIA Linux Network Professional (*Network+/Linux+)
Additional Track 2 Certifications
- Cisco CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate
Additional Track 3 Certifications
- Amazon – AWS Cloud Practitioner
- Amazon – AWS Solutions Architect
Customize Your Career Training
Another benefit of the Computer Information Specialist certification or degree program is that you also get to customize your education pathway by choosing between 3 elective tracks.
Elective Track 1: Students will be able to install, configure, and manage systems running Linux operating systems using either RedHat or Debian kernels. In addition, the student will be able to create Virtual Machines and manage Virtual Computers.
Elective Track 2: Students will be able to implement a small switched network, implement an IP addressing service, configure and trouble shoot basic operation and routing on Cisco devices.
Elective Track 3: Students will be able to implement a small switched network, implement an IP addressing service, configure and trouble shoot basic operation on AWS Platform.
Is a Computer Information Specialist Career Right for You? Find Out! Take the Asher "IT Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. IT Career Training Readiness score now >>
No High School Diploma? Asher College Can Help!
Want to enroll in Asher College but don’t have a high school diploma or GED? Earn your high school diploma on our campus so you can gain the credentials you need to enroll at Asher College.
We have an advisory board that helps shape our curriculum. This allows us to alter the curriculum based on recommendations from employers who hire our graduates.
Classes Start Every Two Weeks
Don’t wait around to enroll — our courses begin every second week so you can start your program as soon as you’re ready. Begin your path to a new career quickly with Asher College.
We’re a small college, which makes Asher feel like an extended family. Each instructor and faculty member will get to know you by name and help you along the way.
Asher’s Academy Partnerships
Looking to upgrade your certifications and maximize your earning potential? You’re in luck.
Asher College is proud to partner with many internationally-recognized certifying organizations. We currently offer certifications on behalf of CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, and Pearson.
Discover more about these partnerships by visiting our Academy Partnerships page. If you want to specifically learn more about our IT partnerships, then please head over to our CompTIA and Cisco certification pages.
Contact our admissions department today to learn how these certification programs could suit your career goals.
As a graduate of the Computer Information Specialist Program, you may find work in positions including:
- Desktop Support Specialist
- Jr. Network Administrator
- Network Operations Analyst
- Technical Support Specialist
- Network Technician
- Help Desk
Six General Education Courses:
I couldn't have done it without Asher. The instructors are brilliant. They have no problems answering any questions... I can't convey how grateful I am for Asher College coming into my life.
Get Real-World Experience – PC Repair Clinic
Get first-hand practice and job-preparation with our PC clinics. Asher College hosts a PC clinic every week onsite, where free repairs are offered to the community. This gives you a chance to see how you would deal with various situations while on the job. You’ll feel confident and capable when you’re able to successfully make PC repairs by yourself.
Financial Aid: Funding Your Career Training
We offer Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Veteran training benefits. Our Financial Aid administrators and School Certifying Officials will work with you to find the best financial solution to fit your needs. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. To learn more, visit our Financial Aid page.
Veterans Education Benefits: Asher College is rated a Gold Level Military Friendly® school. For over 15 years, Viqtory Media’s ranking of Military Friendly® schools has helped veterans take their education into their own hands when choosing which schools afford them the best opportunities. Military Benefits Accepted at Asher College include Chapter 31, 33, and 35. To learn more, visit our Veterans Education benefits page.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Computer Information Specialist Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Computer Information and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
A helpful Asher College Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have and can help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call 1-888-211-8829.
*Program length when completed in normal time.